Thursday, July 17, 2008

new workshop soon

I am finally back after quite a long spell of not writing due to not having time.
Now I have a lot to write about.

The day after tomorrow, which will be July 18th, at 7:00 PM in the BARN, we will be having the first discussion on the subject of Health.

Our speaker is Sherry Loen-Bakke
Her specialty as I understand it, will be in the area of all natural living. She is the mentor of my daughter, Holly Vigesaa, who has become interested and somewhat passionate about improving a situation concerning bone loss, to be specific.

Please call me at 701-769-2275 if you would like to attend.

The next day, July 19th, will be an all day workshop in the barn on various ways we can improve our overall health.

Another special guest is Shelley Zimprich.
At 9:00 AM she will tell us all the reasons we should be STRETCHING for our health. And next she will demonstrate for the Video camera just how we will do the same Do you believe that? Well--
Come and see...for sure it will be fun!
If the filming is a success, the video will be available for us to buy and
use when we stretch and teach others to stretch..hopefully.

For the rest of the morning there will be coffee and a few further suggestions for ways to relax and think about what we can do to improve.....

Lunch is in the house at noon

After lunch there will be time to wander to a quiet spot and do "solitude" , bringing perhaps pencil and paper for drawing or writing a few thoughts from the day so far.
Volden Farm has gardens with places to sit and vistas to see. This includes a Sculpture Garden created for Jim, my husband of near 50 years whose ashes are
scattered across what he called "the tree farm". I have a Prayer Chair there with a tool box and in that is a plastic bag and in that are two instruments for your musical moment as well as a map and list of hidden farm "junk sculptures" I've been adding to the garden over the past five years. It is also good to sign a sweet book which is in the bag..

At 1:30 we meet in the BARN and will be sharing ideas with Holly from research she has been exploring about natural food and it's sources.

During the day there will be a possibility to signup for a massage in the house. Shelley is my massage therapist and I am happy to share her strong hands and years of experience with you. There will be a sign up sheet as well as info as to the cost.

While we're on the subject of cost, I want to explain that since this is
my first year of workshops and that there is still much to finish in the barn, I'm not asking a specific fee. It pleases me to trust that you will feel the time has been worth your while and what you are able to leave for expenses in the jar on the desk will be appreciated.

Now if only someone wil read this in the next few hours.
Truth is that I couldn't figure out how to post after it had been so long away from it.
For your amusement, it is 4:00 AM since I couldn't sleep.

Surely it is the FULL MOON out my sunroom window which is keeping my eyes from closing.

No comments: