Friday, October 14, 2011

Here I am with the weeks behind me which I had such great hopes for as far as getting into starting the plan for next year's schedule...meaning this is now October 14...and my brain works overtime with not a jot or tittle down on paper...
This winter will be serious business for 2012 starting in May and going until September 1 when hunting will probably get busy...

At this point I have had good luck with hunters enjoying the barn bunk rooms as well as having a few meals out in the "area for conferencing"...plus finding out how the kitchen works when we eat the birds and deer at suppertime...whenever that happens...and the terrace with grill is handy beyond any early dreams regarding food prep...in the barn...

By the way, you can get a good feeling about how the barn is looking with these few shots we got up on this spot...I have been to the Outer Banks with 9 of my family of near 30...at Kitty Hawk...we own at Duck...Barrier Island Station...but didn't reserve it early enuf to be able to stay there...traded thru RCI for a couple units down the road...but we could still use the sand and sea at our regular place...SO...while there with my computer some grandchild...entered photos for me...oh if I could only become a techy...

And that was 9-17-thru 9-25...with daughter Lisa & her Bjorn...Thomas Vigesaa...daughter Holly's boy...daughter in law Shelley with her Danielle & Kate & Nick & 3yr old Kaj & 5mo old Ona...meaning 4 generations at the... Time Share... Jim and I bought in 1987...felt satisfying to watch the little guy take on the "Wold Spirit" for our special world...son Kevin wasn't able to take a week off since he broke a foot and couldn't work back a couple months ago...so needed to make up for lost time...by staing home and letting Danielle go in his slot...

I walked in my door 7:30 PM Sunday night and greeted hunters the next day at 1:00 PM...seems the story of my life when I turn away from the daily duties during the Fall Hunting Lodge atmosphere...if the work were not so interesting...I'd give a second thought to being so tied down...truth is I love it...one Fall there were men from 15 states ...Maine to Florida to Arizona to Washington to Pennsylvania along with states between...

And this IS to do with the barn...now a lodge filled with boots and occasional mud and so forth...it's suits me to cook and clean and learn new ways of life at the same time...just a workshop for us all...

Still look into locating Wind Tower Makers with hopes they would be interested in sleeping with the throbing blades just outside their door for a couple nights...and a candlelight dinner within sight of over 50 of the PRAIRIE DASIES... as some call them...

Did I catch you up a little for Sept and Oct...????? bye for now...JoAnne




No comments: